Three Little Angels

State Funding

Should you need any guidance, we can work with you to get you assessed by Social Services.

Your assessment will take into account if you have savings worth more than £23,250. If you do then your care will not be funded by the council.

To check if the council will pay for your care, they will also do a financial assessment, taking into account your

  • Income
  • Savings

However, It doesn’t take into account your:

  • Property value (as long as you are choosing visiting or live-in care, and not a care home)
  • Some money from disability benefits or pensions
  • Some types of capital

If you qualify for funding there are several ways your funding can be allocated. If social services agree to fund your package they can pay us directly for the service and we invoice them within their current funding terms.

Alternatively, you may be able to request a Personal Budget. In this case you receive the monies as either an Individual Budget or Direct Payment and you are free to choose your provider and use the money you receive to pay for your care.

Simply put, this means that you have the ability to say how your Personal Budget is paid and to whom, and you get the choice of care provider.

We understand that you may find the process of funding care a daunting one but rest assured that we can help point you in the right direction.

Contact us for further information